Friday, May 16, 2014

One Day Down #OperationAmericanSpring #OAS

Day 1 down, how many more to go? Citizens are reconvening at the Washington Monument at 8:00 AM, and the OAS expectation is that turnout will be even greater. The storms may have kept some away, but there are blue skies and it's the weekend, so perhaps they're right.

Turnout figures weren't even in the same galaxy as those being called for. It will likely be fodder for more separatist vitriol, which is reaching a fever pitch. I don't know that I've ever read more hateful, sexist, racist rubbish than I did today. Tolerance is a one-way street for some.

I'm pretty well cooked, so I'll keep this short:

I made it safely into DC, exercised my unalienable rights, covered a ton of ground and hopefully provided an objective window into the day. My countrymen and women were spirited, resolved, and as is always the case, responsible. Every area OAS traversed was policed for litter, and there wasn't a single incident to speak of.

Law enforcement presence was extensive, to say the least. D.C. Park, Metro and Capitol Police were aware of every move in real-time, and I'm still trying to digest the deployment of a drone. I'm not suggesting it was a Reaper or anything similarly offensive, but it's the principle. The apparent lack of cohesion between the respective police units is also curious.

The diversity present today was so nice to see. Women, minorities and millennials marched and made their voices heard. Constitutionalists are so often portrayed as old white men by extremists, and while I know that's hardly the case, it was very encouraging to see everyone represented today.

The most touching event was when the thousand or so marchers arrived at the Capitol. Hundred of schoolkids were visiting from Somewhereville, and they chanted "USA! USA!" as OAS arrived, their smiles beaming while their cheers rose in unison with ours. I thought I'd captured video, but I snafu'd it and recorded my feet walking away.

EDIT: I found someone else's video here.

Here's to Scarlett Sonja on Twitter for kindly sharing my updates. Most of all, I'd like to thank YOU: Over one thousand readers from all around the world checked The Third Lantern today. We shined on every state of the Union, plus D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, the U.K., Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, The Czech Republic, South Africa, Finland, Indonesia, Japan, Slovakia, Argentina, Belgium, Denmark, Egypt, France, Croatia, Hungary, Iran, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mexico, Malaysia, New Zealand, Qatar, Romania, Serbia, Russia and Sweden. I'm humbled to be able to reach you all and share the truth.

I'll leave you with a short video of the protest moving to the White House:

1 comment: